How to Remove latex paint from Carpet
*Before attempting to remove the stain, test an inconspicuous area for color fastness.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1/4 teaspoon clear/transparent dish-washing detergent (Dawn, Joy, or clear Ivory)
- 1 cup warm (not hot) water for solution
- Additional warm water for rinsing
- Clean dry white towels or white paper towels
- Small empty bowl for mixing
- Smooth/flat bottomed baking dish (large enough for affected area)
- Heavy object(s), like books or jug of water
Mix detergent and warm water in small bowl.
Apply the detergent solution to the carpet using a damp towel or paper towel.
Working from the outside in–blot the affected area (do not rub or scrub). Scrubbing could damage the carpet fibers.
Using a new towel, apply small amounts of clean water to the carpet to remove the detergent residue. Any remaining detergent residue could result in rapid re-soiling of the area.
To absorb the excess water, apply a thick stack of paper towels to the area. On top of the paper towels place a flat glass baking dish weighted down with books, or other heavy objects.
To speed up the drying process, periodically add new paper towels to the bottom of the stack. This wicking process may take several hours.
If stain remains, repeat process until removed.
If the stain isn’t removed after following these steps, please contact Ayoub N&H for professional cleaning.